Scholarships now available to young swimmers!
Here at Save The Bay, we believe that qualified swimmers of all ages deserve a chance to participate in the Swim fundraiser. Unfortunately, the challenge of meeting the minimum fundraising requirements can sometimes be too great a challenge for young swimmers.
With that in mind—and thanks to support from Philip Weinstein, the Harold A. Winstead Charitable Trust and other sponsors—we’ve established the Swim The Bay Scholarship. Recipients of the scholarship who pledge to fundraise $200, will receive a $200 match, fulfilling the event’s $400 fundraising minimum.
If you are a young swimmer between the ages of 15 and 21, and you’re interested in tackling a thrilling 1.7-nautical-mile trek across Narragansett Bay for the first time, we encourage you to apply!
The 2019 Swim The Bay Scholarship application process opens July 1 and ends July 19. Questions, and completed applications, can be directed to Leanne Danielsen at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 401-272-2540 x140.
- Swimmer must be between 15 and 21 years old.
- Swimmer must be new to the Swim.
- Swimmers must qualify to swim 1.7 miles from Newport to Jamestown (See Qualifications).
- Swimmers must write a short essay addressing “Why I want to swim for the Save The Bay Swim.”
- Upon selection, recipients will be required to complete a registration form and fundraise $200.