Environmental Counselor in Training, Summer 2019
Save The Bay is seeking an enthusiastic and outgoing camp Counselor in Training for the summer of 2019. The ideal candidate should enjoy working with children, being outdoors and on boats during all summer weather. The Counselor in Training will work side-by-side with education staff leading activities, playing games, creating crafts and exploring the bay.
- Must commit to one week of summer camp in July-August
- Attend each day in either Providence from 8:30-4:30 or in Newport from 9:00am-12:00pm
- Assist with games, crafts, outdoor exploration
- Prepare and lead your own activity with each camp week
- Prep and cleanup of activities
- Be a positive role model to children
- Must be 16 years of age or older
- Strong interest in marine and environmental science
- Great personality and fun sense of humor
- Strong desire to teach and learn about the Bay environment
- Enjoy being around children of all ages
- Prior attendance in Save the Bay Camp/ Programs is a plus
- Reliable transportation to Save The Bay each day
- Completed waiver form by parent/guardian
- Available to attend camp training date on June 17th 9am-1pm
- CITs have the option to receive First Aid and CPR certification if available to attend full day of training on April 18th, 2019.
Application deadline: April 13, 2019. Please complete the Counselor In Training Application Form and mail to Mary Klimasewiski, 100 Save The Bay Drive, Providence, RI 02905 or scan and email to email@example.com by April 13, 2019.
Questions? Contact Mary Klimasewiski, 401-272-3540 x 107 or email firstname.lastname@example.org