Are you a creative, data-driven storyteller with expertise in digital platforms? Do you enjoy maintaining content calendars and hacking social media algorithms, all while learning and working with a team? If so, then this job listing may be for you!
Save The Bay’s Communications Department is hiring a Social Media & Digital Content Specialist to support our robust communications and marketing strategies. Reporting to the Director of Communications & Marketing, and working closely with the organization’s communications, operations, policy, and education departments, this employee will support Save The Bay’s nonprofit communications efforts by promoting programs, highlighting projects, sharing news and milestones, maintaining a variety of digital platforms, and more.
Director of Communications & Marketing
- Manage, develop and execute social media and blog content calendars and strategies in alignment with the organization’s broader communications and marketing objectives
- Develop high-quality and highly-engaging social media (Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter) content relevant to Save The Bay’s mission-based work
- Monitor and respond to inquiries on social media platforms
- Report out on social media content performance to gauge the effectiveness of ongoing strategies
- Working with staff interdepartmentally, curate written and visual content for blog posts, ensuring content is search- and social-optimized
- Research, write, edit and collaborate on long-form pieces for the semi-annual Tides magazine
- Manage Save The Bay’s presence on business profiles and community calendars, including Yelp, Google Business, Nextdoor, and Trip Advisor
- Support rolling website updates and maintenance
- Create and oversee social media- and blog-related projects for interns
- Other duties as assigned
- 3-5 years of experience—in the form of either formal training or applied experience—in the following areas: professional social media management, web management, and writing and/or copywriting (Please see notes below relating to submitting work samples and/or a portfolio link)
- Strong writing and editing skills
- Knowledge of current social media trends, including platform user base, preferred content types, and posting frequency
- A demonstrated understanding of maintaining a professional brand voice through a variety of content forms
- Familiarity working with an established style guide
- Experience with Loomly or a similar social media management platform
- Experience with WordPress or a comparable website host platform
- Familiarity with Google apps and Microsoft Office products
- A commitment to inclusive storytelling
- A willingness to work collaboratively, a self-starter mentality, and a deadline-driven work ethic
- Spanish language fluency
- An interest in environmental issues
- Additional experience with advertising, PR, or journalism
- Experience with graphic design or photography
SALARY & BENEFITS:
The Social Media & Digital Content Specialist is a full-time, salaried position with flexible hours, opportunity for work-from-home days, competitive pay, and a comprehensive benefits package.
Please send your resume, cover letter, and portfolio including two writing samples and social media content examples to firstname.lastname@example.org or to Maureen Fogarty, Director of Operations, Save The Bay, 100 Save The Bay Drive, Providence, R.I. 02905.
February 28, 2023
Due to the timeline of our staffing changes, interview invitations for this position will be extended in March 2023