Save The Bay is seeking an Operations Assistant to support the Volunteer, Development and Events teams of a busy and growing non-profit organization. The ideal candidate for this role will have a high level of attention to detail combined with the ability to be flexible, take initiative, and work collaboratively. This position will work closely with the Volunteer & Internship Manager, Individual Giving & Membership Manager and the Events Manager to help meet the organizational goals in each area. This is a great opportunity to learn all aspects of non-profit support work
- Support the day-to-day operations of the Development Department including gift data entry, acknowledging donors and cultivating new and existing members.
- Help facilitate donor acquisition mailings.
- Conduct outreach to new and existing members.
VOLUNTEER & INTERNSHIP:
- Process internship applications and communicating with applicants.
- Manage events and schedules in Save The Bay’s volunteer portal.
- Lead volunteer events and projects, such as shoreline cleanups.
- Assist in managing relationships with vendors and businesses for event participation and follow-up.
- Solicit businesses and organizations for in-kind donations.
- Manage all gift tracking, deliveries and pick-up for fundraising events.
- Communicate with in-person and virtual event participants for event confirmations, qualifications and other pertinent information.
- Provide hands-on support before, during and after all events, acting as a liaison for participants, vendors, and sponsors in direct support of events manager.
- Creative self-starter who works well both independently, and as part of a team in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and work well to deadlines
- Exceptional organizational and interpersonal skills
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Strong research and analytical abilities
- Able to work occasional evenings and weekends
- Conversational Spanish, a plus
SALARY & BENEFITS:
The Operations Assistant is an entry-level, full-time, salaried position with flexible hours, competitive pay and comprehensive benefits package. Some evening and weekend hours required.
Send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com or to Maureen Fogarty, Director of Operations, Save The Bay, 100 Save The Bay Drive, Providence, RI 02905.
October 15, 2022