Marine Science Educator for BayCamp
Various camp locations throughout Rhode Island
June 2019-August 2019
As a member of Save The Bay’s education team you will be responsible for leading week long, day camp programs along Narragansett Bay and its shorelines. You will be responsible for developing marine-oriented educational activities, programs, games and crafts for students in grades K-8. This is an excellent opportunity for individuals looking to gain hands on experience working in marine science and/or environmental education.
- College coursework in marine science, biology, environmental science, education or related course of study. Recent graduates are encouraged to apply.
- Demonstrated enthusiasm for teaching science related topics in informal settings.
- Excellent communication skills required. Must be outgoing and have a positive personality. Must work well with children and adults. Must be able to handle sensitive situations with maturity.
- Must be comfortable working outdoors despite extremely sunny, hot or rainy conditions. Must be physically capable of walking several miles, lifting medium weight objects, etc.
- First Aid/CPR certification required.
- Lifeguard certification a plus.
- Comfort working aboard motor vessels is a plus.
- A criminal background check is required.
- Must have own transportation and be willing to drive to several locations around the state.
$12 per hour
Please send resume and cover letter by March 30, 2019 to Jen Kelly at firstname.lastname@example.org or to:
Attention: Jen Kelly, Bay Camp Manager
Save The Bay
100 Save The Bay Drive
Providence, R.I. 02905