As a core member of the Save The Bay’s education team responsibilities are divided among Captain and Educator roles. As Captain this position will work with the Lead Captain to ensure safe and efficient operation of STB vessels including regular maintenance to vessels and dock and will participate in on the water support for other STB programs and events. As a Lead Educator this person will be responsible for teaching, leading and developing school and group programs as well as our public programs including, seal tours, lighthouse tours and camps.
Director of Education
- Master United States Coast Guard 50 Gross Tons Inland or Near Coastal License
- Excellent knowledge of USCG regulations
- First Aid/CPR certification required
- BS in biology, science, marine biology, education or demonstrable knowledge of the curriculum
- Knowledge and experience navigating Narragansett Bay (preferred)
- Background working with children leading and planning educational programs
- Strong interest in environmental education
- Ability to work individually as well as in a team
- Must enjoy working with children
- Must enjoy working outdoors despite extremely sunny, hot, or rainy conditions
- Must be physically capable of walking several miles, lifting medium-weight objects, and swimming
- Available to work a varied schedule including weekends
- Must be flexible and outgoing with a good sense of humor
- BCI check required
- Must submit to random drug testing program throughout the year
SALARY & BENEFITS:
The Captain/Education Specialist position is a full-time, salaried position with competitive pay and a comprehensive benefits package.
Please send your cover letter, resume and the names of three references to Bridget Prescott, Director of Education at email@example.com or by mail to Save The Bay, 100 Save The Bay Drive, Providence, R.I. 02905.