NOTE: This event is nearly full! If you are looking to do a planting on Friday or another weekday, check out this salt marsh planting by the Narrow River Preservation Association.
Plant a salt marsh with Save The Bay! Volunteers will plant grasses at the recently restored Quonnie salt marsh where sand was placed on the degraded marsh so that the marsh could keep pace with sea level rise. Our partners in this effort are CRMC, Salt Ponds Coalition, Town of Charlestown, and RIDEM. Read more about the project here.
Where to meet: We will meet at the Quonochontaug Boat Ramp parking lot on West Beach Rd, Charlestown. Use 851 W Beach Rd, Charlestown, RI as an approximate address for GPS, then continue to the end of the road. See MAP. Parking lot is small, carpooling is encouraged!
What to wear/bring:
- Wear sturdy footwear (hiking boots are ideal) and clothes you don’t mind getting dirty.
- Save The Bay will provide work gloves, but please feel free to bring your own. Bring your own knee pads too if you have them!
- Please dress for the weather! Remember, it is often colder and windier by the shore. Layers are recommended!
- Please bring your own reusable bottle of water if you have one.
- Save The Bay will provide planting tools.
Please complete our volunteer waiver form and bring it with you THE DAY OF the event. We will have extra copies on hand if you are unable to print. NOTE: volunteers under 18 must have a parent or guardian sign their waiver.