Please sign up for the cleanup HERE.
Help protect the Runnins River by cleaning up roadside litter with Save The Bay and AAA Northeast! Litter tossed out of cars at this location can wash into the Runnins River and Hundred Acre Cove beyond. We will clean along River Rd, Mink St, and Leavitt St.
MEET AT: AAA East Providence, 12 River Rd, Riverside, RI 02915. Please carpool if you can, parking is limited!
WHAT TO WEAR
- Dress for the weather!
- Wear clothes you don’t mind getting dirty.
- Closed-toed shoes are required.
- Bring work gloves! We will have disposable gloves as well.
- Boots and long sleeves are recommended for this cleanup in order to get into the brushy areas.
WHAT TO BRING
- A bottle of water (we recommend reusable!) and any snacks you might want.
- Our waiver, completed and signed: Volunteer Waiver Release Form. Completing this form in advance saves time during check in, but we will also have plenty of copies there if you have trouble printing. IF UNDER 18 parent or guardian MUST sign waiver.
- If you have your own trash grabbers, bring them along!
WHO CAN JOIN
- Unlike most of our cleanups, this is open to ages 18+ only, since we will be working near busy streets.
- All volunteers must be able to do some light to moderate bending and lifting.
- Volunteers must have their own transportation to the event.
- See our Safety Cleanup Tips, especially if you are bringing children.
- Need documentation of your volunteer hours? Just ask your cleanup leader at the event. We will have service letters on hand to complete for you.
QUESTIONS? Contact July Lewis at firstname.lastname@example.org or 401-272-3540 x130.