Sign up For Cleanup Here!
NOTE: This cleanup is a local community-building event, and we want to make sure it has plenty of space for neighbors and individuals! Therefore we have closed the “team signup” option for this cleanup. If you have a small, local team and would like to sign up, please email July Lewis at email@example.com.
WHAT: Come help clean up the public access at Public St & Allens Ave in Providence! This cleanup is hosted by Save The Bay and Washington Park Neighborhood Association. Shoreline trash is ugly and dangerous to wildlife, and shoreline cleanups are an easy way for volunteers to make a difference. NOTE: This cleanup is restricted to ages 12+.
WHERE: 80 Public St, Providence, RI 02903. Please carpool if possible, there is street parking only.
WHAT TO WEAR
- Dress for the weather! Remember it is often cooler and windier at the shore.
- Wear clothes you don’t mind getting dirty.
- Closed-toed shoes are required.
- Bring work gloves if you have them! We will have disposable gloves as well.
WHAT TO BRING
- A bottle of water (we recommend reusable!) and any snacks you might want.
- Our waiver, completed and signed: Volunteer Waiver Release Form. Completing this form in advance saves time during check in, but we will also have plenty of copies there if you have trouble printing. IF UNDER 18 parent or guardian MUST sign waiver.
- If you have your own trash grabbers, bring them along!
WHO CAN JOIN
- Ages 12+. Volunteers under 16 must participate with an adult, and adults must supervise their children during the cleanup.
- All volunteers must be able to do some light to moderate bending and lifting.
- Volunteers must have their own transportation to the event.
- See our Safety Cleanup Tips, especially if you are bringing children.
- Need documentation of your volunteer hours? Just ask your cleanup leader at the event. We will have service letters on hand to complete for you.
QUESTIONS? Contact July Lewis at firstname.lastname@example.org or 401-272-3540 x130.