WHAT: Come participate in the International Coastal Cleanup at Rose Nulman Park with Save The Bay! Shoreline trash is ugly and dangerous to wildlife, and shoreline cleanups are an easy way for volunteers to make a difference. We will pick up trash and record what we find on data sheets. The resulting data will be included in the Ocean Conservancy’s annual report on marine debris.
WHERE: 1460 Ocean Rd, Narragansett, RI 02882
WHAT TO WEAR
- Dress for the weather! Remember it is often cooler and windier at the shore.
- Wear clothes you don’t mind getting dirty.
- Closed-toed shoes are required.
- Bring work gloves! We will have disposable gloves as well.
WHAT TO BRING
- A bottle of water (we recommend reusable!) and any snacks you might want.
- Our waiver, completed and signed: Volunteer Waiver Release Form. Completing this form in advance saves time during check in, but we will also have plenty of copies there if you have trouble printing. IF UNDER 18 parent or guardian MUST sign waiver.
- If you have your own trash grabbers, bring them along!
WHO CAN JOIN
- Anyone! Volunteers under 16 must participate with an adult, and adults must supervise their children during the cleanup.
- All volunteers must be able to do some light to moderate bending and lifting.
- Volunteers must have their own transportation to the event.
- See our sheet for safety tips and more ICC info here.
- Need documentation of your volunteer hours? Just ask your cleanup leader at the event. We will have service letters on hand to complete for you.
QUESTIONS? Contact July Lewis at firstname.lastname@example.org or 401-272-3540 x130.