Sign up here.
WHAT: Come participate in the International Coastal Cleanup at Pebble Beach under the Mount Hope Bridge with Save The Bay! This cleanup is led by KC Ferrara of the Roger Williams University Feinstein Center. Shoreline trash is ugly and dangerous to wildlife, and shoreline cleanups are an easy way for volunteers to make a difference. We will pick up trash and record what we find on data sheets. The resulting data will be included in the Ocean Conservancy’s annual report on marine debris.
WHERE: The end of Old Ferry Road, Bristol, at the base of the Mount Hope Bridge.
For GPS use 1 Old Ferry Road (Main entrance to Roger Williams University). If you’re coming south on Rt 114 or 136, go past the main entrance to Roger Williams University and take the second entrance towards Lot A. If you are coming across the Mount Hope Bridge, take your first right after the bridge towards Roger Williams University, Lot A. Follow this road to the end.
WHAT TO WEAR
- Dress for the weather! Remember it is often cooler and windier at the shore.
- Wear clothes you don’t mind getting dirty.
- Closed-toed shoes are required.
- Bring work gloves! We will have disposable gloves as well.
WHAT TO BRING
- A bottle of water (we recommend reusable!) and any snacks you might want.
- Our waiver, completed and signed: Volunteer Waiver Release Form. Completing this form in advance saves time during check in, but we will also have plenty of copies there if you have trouble printing. IF UNDER 18 parent or guardian MUST sign waiver.
- If you have your own trash grabbers, bring them along!
WHO CAN JOIN
- Anyone! Volunteers under 16 must participate with an adult, and adults must supervise their children during the cleanup.
- All volunteers must be able to do some light to moderate bending and lifting.
- Volunteers must have their own transportation to the event.
- See our sheet for safety tips and more ICC info here.
- Need documentation of your volunteer hours? Just ask your cleanup leader at the event. We will have service letters on hand to complete for you.
QUESTIONS? Contact July Lewis at firstname.lastname@example.org or 401-272-3540 x130.