A Save The Bay 50th Anniversary Campaign giving priority
GOAL: $2.0 million
PURPOSE: Expand strategic investments in organizational capacity
For nearly five decades, Save The Bay has championed the cause of protecting Narragansett Bay. Today’s environmental challenges are more complex than those of the past, requiring resources over years, even decades, to ensure progress. Fiscal constraints and the short time horizon of annual operating budgets limits our ability to invest in initiatives critical to long-term success. Having the right team in place – with experience, expertise, commitment and passion – is crucial. The ability to invest in strategic initiatives that fall outside our normal operating activities and annual operating costs will strengthen our organization capacity.
Save The Bay will draw upon the Capacity Investment Fund as needed to provide supplemental funding to ensure Save The Bay has the staff resources and organizational capacity to meet the challenges of the future. For example:
- Strategic Communications will broaden our reach to new audiences through branding initiatives, social media, public education and even promotion.
- Educational Training and Content Development will allow us to invest in the teaching skills of our educators, enrich our curricula, develop new education programs and offer the highest quality marine science and environmental education.
- Development Capacity will enable us to grow our membership, increase our members’ engagement with us, strengthen our donor and sponsor relationships and building recurring financial support.
- Compensation and Benefits enhancements will enable us to attract and retain an extraordinary team.
- New Ventures, services, products, events and joint ventures will help build our revenue-generating capacity.
About Save The Bay’s 50th Anniversary Campaign
Our comprehensive 50th Anniversary Campaign will position Save The Bay to lead the continued cleanup of Narragansett Bay into the next half-century. The campaign is built around four core elements, each one designed to strengthen our capacity, flexibility and financial foundation to persevere in combating emerging environmental threats and sustain our strategic commitment to future generations: