Participate in Save The Bay’s “Old School Art Contest”
How do YOU see Narragansett Bay? Show us by putting down the devices, and getting back to basics, using markers, crayons, pencils or paint to capture the contest theme, “My Bay.”
All entries must be received by April 15. Winners will be announced on April 27 and will see their drawings printed on this summer’s BayCamp t-shirts, in addition to receiving a print of their drawing on canvas, and more!
In response to community enthusiasm, the deadline for the Old School Art Contest has been extended to April 22!
Hang on to those drawing materials and submit your entry today!
All students in grades K-12. One entry per student.
Grade Level Categories:
All entries must be on letter paper (8.5”x11”) with landscape orientation and must respond to the theme “My Bay.”
- Paint, including watercolor, tempera, poster and acrylic
- Drawing Materials, including pencils, crayons, pastels, colored pencils and markers
Judging & Winners:
A panel of judges will select three finalists from each grade level category. Finalists will be reviewed by a panel of judges at the Earth Day Birthday on Saturday, April 27, 2019 at Easton’s Beach in Newport. One winner from each grade level category will be selected. The winning artwork will be displayed on this year’s BayCamp t-shirt for the corresponding category.
- Interpretation of “My Bay” theme
Winners in each category will receive…
- A plaque of recognition
- A copy of their winning artwork printed on mounted canvas
- A Save The Bay sweatshirt
- Their artwork on a BayCamp t-shirt
Finalists in each category will receive…
- A certificate of recognition
- A Save The Bay t-shirt
- A copy of Save The Bay’s Uncommon Guide to Narragansett Bay
All participants will receive…
- A certificate of participation
Entries must be accompanied by a release of artwork and a parental consent form and can be mailed to or dropped off at:
Save The Bay
c/o Old School Art Contest
100 Save The Bay Drive
Providence, RI 02905