Bay Institute for Experiential Learning
Summer 2015 professional development dates are here! This summer professional development program brings together formal and informal educators for an innovative, hands-on experience that translates into inspired teaching in math, science, and literacy.
The four-day program is led by fellow educators who have successfully integrated experiential education in the classroom and uses the experiential learning model of content, experience, reflection, and application as a means to successfully bring insight on how local environments can be used as a multidisciplinary teaching tool.
Participants are instructed on best practices to connect their local environment to their particular classroom curriculum. The Narragansett Bay region is used as a canvas that examines how the natural history and geological shaping of a place influence human history. Participants learn how to make sustainable decisions based on this connection.
A glimpse of the program
- Bringing the outdoors, indoors
- Breaking down big concepts
- Connections to the classroom
- On-the-water excursions aboard our education vessels
- Shoreline discoveries on Prudence Island
Dates & Location
- Monday, June 29 - Thursday, July 2, 2015
- Save The Bay Center at Fields Point
- Providence, Rhode Island 02905
Click here for a downloadable PDF of the Bay Institute brochure
For more information
Contact Gråinne Conley at 401-272-3540 x138