Easton's Beach, Newport
Whether you're a local or just visiting the Newport area, our Exploration Center & Aquarium with its beachfront location, is the perfect family destination.
Our interactive marine science center is home to more than 140 species from Narragansett Bay. Children can get face-to-fin with lobsters, crabs, and fish from our local waterways. With Newport's only ocean-facing beach just outside our front door, you can continue the beachcombing experience after your visit.
A Special, Spooky Event!
The Exploration Center & Aquarium is the place to be in October! It’s fun for all ages and only mildly terrifying at the spookily-decorated Aquarium. This month’s theme is ANCIENT SEA MONSTERS! Kids get up close and personal with jittery jellies, monstrous mantis shrimp and scary sharks! There will be scavenger hunt, story time and daily feedings.
- Spooky Aquarium runs Oct 23-25 and Oct 30 - Nov 1
- Kids in costume get $1 off!
- Enjoy "spooky" cotton candy
- Three touch tanks
- Big Fish of the Bay
- Smooth dogfish sharks
- Little skates
- Rare lobsters
Easton's Beach Rotunda, 175 Memorial Boulevard, Newport, RI 02840 (map & directions)
Hours of operation
- Memorial Day – Labor Day: Daily 10:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
- Labor Day – Memorial Day: Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays 10:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
- All public school vacations: 10:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Other important dates for the Exploration Center & Aquarium
- CLOSED - Sunday, October 11
- OPEN - Monday, October 12
- CLOSED - Friday, December 25
- OPEN - Saturday, December 26
- CLOSED - Friday, January 1
- OPEN - Saturday, January 2
For more information call 401-324-6020
General admission is $8; Discounts for military ID and senior citizens
Family members and above enjoy FREE admission for 2 adults and 4 children. Become a member now.
Open year-round for Schools and Groups, and offering education programs linked to the Grade Span Expectations. Browse & book programs >
Volunteer at the Exploration Center!
Interested in welcoming visitors to the center, taking care of the animals and teaching about marine life? Join our team as an intern or volunteer! Visit our volunteer & internship page or contact Volunteer Manager July Lewis for more information.