Family Fun on the Bay
From November through April, Save The Bay offers one-hour seasonal seal watching tours aboard M/V Alletta Morris. We provide expert guides and binoculars for an educational view of these seasonal marine visitors. 2012-2013 schedule here! Don't forget -- we also offer group tours and gift certificates!
When:Weekends and school vacations, November - April.
Where: NEW DOCK!!!! Boat departs 142 Long Wharf Dock, Newport at the intersection of Long Wharf and Washington Streets. Directions
- ONE-HOUR TRIP: $20 per person ($15 for members of STB, seniors and children ages 3-12)*
- TWO-HOUR TRIP WITH LIGHTHOUSE TOUR: $40 per person ($30 for members of STB, seniors and children ages 3-12)**
*Children under 3 are free with paying adult
** $5 for children under 3. Includes tour of rose Island Lighthouse.
For tour reservations and gift certificates, call our Exploration Center at 401-203-SEAL (7325) or email email@example.com
Register Online for a Seal Tour
Tickets purchased are non refundable. In case of cancellation of tickets, we will be able to reimburse guests with a voucher of same value for future use. Save The Bay reserves the right to cancel any scheduled trip due to extreme weather condition or unforseen circumstances. In such cases, tickets will be either refunded or rescheduled, by guests' choice. On purchase of tickets, guests can request a reschedule with at atleast 24 hours notice before the date of the trip. To reschedule, call 401-203-SEAL (401-203-7325).
- Save The Bay processes refunds on the first business day of the month. If cancelled, refunds may take upto a month to process.
- If reserving space after noon-time on (any) Thursday for (any) upcoming Seal Weekend, please call the above seal number for booking.
- Call the Seal number (or email) if the online registration shows no space availability. There might be a new trip added!
- GROUPON guests: Call the above number for space!
Why are there seals in Narragansett Bay?
How many seals winter in the Bay?
What kinds of seals will I see?
How close can I get to the seals?
What are some seal-watching tips?
What are different options for Group Tours?
Get a taste of the seal watch experience by watching a video with Capt. Eric Pfirrmann and Save The Bay Educator Amy Wright. This outstanding video was produced by Chris Simmons.
Read Jim McCaw's East Bay Newspapers story on a seal watch cruise. James Gillis of the Newport Daily News was another reporter who joined us this season. Read his account.