|Come join us at our beautiful waterfront location in Providence for a morning of green gardening tips, great buys on yard care supplies and the freshest local produce Rhode Island has to offer!
Saturday May 14, 2011
9:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
@ the Save The Bay Center Directions
This event is FREE and open to the public and includes:
- An outdoor Farmers Market where you can buy fresh, local produce, honey and handmade goods.
- Soil testing from URI Master Gardeners. Learn why you should test your soil pH and how to take a sample.
- A project table for kids, staffed by Save The Bay's education team.
- Local experts talking about:
- Drip irrigation
- Rain garden design
- Gardening for the birds
- Vendors selling green yard care products, rain barrels, native plants and compost bins.
View list of exhibitors.
- Convenient and ample parking
- The opportunity to visit our award-winning Bay Center and restored salt marsh. Walk the paths, spy some wildlife and see parts of Providence you never knew existed.
Bring cash or checkbook for your purchases.
Reserve a rain barrel now.
Questions? Want to reserve a compost bin in advance? Want to exhibit your eco-friendly wares or services? Please contact Marci Cole Ekberg at 401-272-3540, x113 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Volunteers are needed to help with event set-up, registration, snack preparation, raffles, and clean-up. Once you're done with your job and waiting for the next, you can feel free to attend any of the workshops. Volunteers will be needed from 8:15 a.m. until 12:30 p.m. TO SIGN UP: Contact Stephany Hessler at email@example.com or 401-272-3540, x130.